HOLY COW how time has flown!
First, the baby bump update & then lots of baby shower pics & my to-do list recap!

How far along: 36 weeks
Total weight gain: 30 lbs...yikes!
Maternity Clothes: I'm officially bowling ball shaped, haha.
Sleep: Waking up multiple times in the night to pee or w/braxton hicks...not fun!
Best moment this week: My shower was AMAZING! David's parents came to visit, David & I had our 3 year, and ALL our nursery furniture came in...It's been a great 2 weeks!
Miss anything: Not being swollen :(
Movement: She's had the hiccups lately; it's super cute!
Food cravings: Lots of cold things- ice cream, icees, smoothies...Things that cool me down!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada
Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks are increasing! My weekly dr appts start THIS Thursday so we should know more then how she's progressing!
Symptoms: My fingers, toes, and ankles are SWOLLEN. Annoying. BH Contractions like whoa.
Belly Button In or Out: And it's gone.
Happy or Moody: Happy!
Looking forward to: Having Baby Girl here w/us!
|
I have definitely been MIA lately on here, but I have been, for the most part, really trying to accomplish all the things on my long to-do list before Baby Girl arrives!
And now, here is a photo run-down of the shower...
| With my "Mommy's Sippy Cup"...filled w/punch. Wah! |
| Very excited for my basket of essentials from Perri! |
| I look crazy, but the paintings Jess did are AMAZING! Did I mention I have talented friends? |
| Rebecca & Courtney got me a "bath time" kit so to speak- not pictured are shampoos, towels, you name it! |
| My nana crocheted a quilt and receiving blankets for her great granddaughter. |
| Before we played the Baby Bottle chugging game. May I just say those were the smallest openings EVER! It took forever! |
| Here we go! |
| My Aunt Lynette & mom were super competitive- Lynette won though! |
| With my awesome Caterpillar cake! |
| All the ladies of the family- top row L: Aunt Carol, Aunt Lynette, my mommy, Andraya, Aunt Lavern bottom row L: nana, me, and grandma. We missed you Brittany, Bonnie, Linda, Michelle, & Denise! |
| Me & my mom! <3 |
| Finally, some of the favors that were given out to guests. My mom has a VERY talented friend who wasn't even able to attend but volunteered to make these for my shower. They tasted good too! |
I was super blessed to have so many amazing ladies attend my shower, and we got GREAT gifts for Baby Girl! Thank you to everyone that made my shower perfect! :)
Upon my return from Tampa, it was David & I's 3 year anniversary! It seemed silly to celebrate since we're now engaged & will have a new anniversary next year, but I enjoyed commemorating three years with this great guy. He's a good one, and the only one I can see myself spending my life with and raising this little one that will soon be joining us.
From our college days....
To today....
I love this guy!
He made us an amazing dinner of fresh mahi & shrimp & had flowers waiting for me. That's my guy! :)
Now to see how much I've really accomplished over these past couple weeks on my to-do list!
The Breakdown of what I hoped to have done....
- Old Furniture in soon-to-be nursery out of room or sold!
It's out of the room, but the desk still hasn't sold. Boo.
This one I finished easily; there's even room to spare! Imagine that.
-Re-arrange guest/baby bathroom & linen closet.
I re-arranged the linen closet, but our cats make the bathroom part a little more difficult. Stupid CityKitty!
- Have nursery setup
This one is more complete than incomplete! All the furniture is in the room, it's just a matter of final re-arranging and getting her bedding all in.
| What you can't see is the other half of the room that still needs work! |
- Decorations up in nursery!
Boo this one I should have finished! I have a few final touches to make on her name and then I can hang them. This one will be easy though!
- Take my labor & delivery class @ Martin Memorial
Class is Saturday- we're not missing it so I'm marking it complete!
- Get a baby-friendly car!
I don't think this one will happen until after she's here unfortunately. We need to have more money saved to get a decent vehicle that I will be happy driving for the next 5 years or so.
- Exercise at least twice a week
I put this one on here HOPING it would motivate me to move. No such luck, haha. Although I have been cleaning & exercising here & there, it has not been my twice a week goal. Fail.
-Have money saved/set aside
I think this one could be marked partially done as well- we have a financial plan, now it's just sticking to it so we aren't stressing.
Phew! I knew I wasn't going to finish all of it, but I hate looking at incomplete checklists! Soon enough though, the majority of the big necessary things will be done, and everything will fall into place. I will really, TRULY try to update this more frequently as my due date gets closer!
Hope everyone is having an amazing summer!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment