Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Countdown Begins....3 weeks to go!

 

How far along: 37 weeks
Total weight gain: 30 lbs...yikes!
Maternity Clothes: I feel like I've worn the same outfits forever now...only a few weeks left!
Sleep: Definitely a much lighter sleeper...didn't think that was possible!
Best moment this week: The final piece to my nursery came in- crib bedding is here!!
Miss anything: Not being swollen :(
Movement: She has officially "dropped" making it easier for me to breathe, but oh my bladder isn't happy!
Food cravings: Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada
Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: Lots of "fake" contractions still & she's dropped down. Dr appt is tomorrow to check on everything!
Symptoms: My fingers, toes, and ankles are SWOLLEN. Annoying. BH Contractions like whoa.
Belly Button In or Out: And it's gone.
Happy or Moody: Happy!
Looking forward to: Finishing my lesson planning so I can just relax & await our little one's arrival.


I've made SO MUCH progress in the past week in getting the nursery ready for Baby Girl. In fact.....it's done! As of 10 minutes ago when the post office dropped off her super-adorable-homemade-bedding, everything is in it's place and awaiting Elise's arrival. :)

I know we will probably have her in the bassinet for awhile, but I am so relieved to have the room ready to welcome her!

Picture Tour of Elise's Room


This is the AMAZING bedding that I ordered from Cottage on the Coast from Etsy. Her stuff is great, and the quality is amazing. If you want something unique for your home or a little one you should check her stuff out!

Right above the crib is one of the "projects" that I hadn't finished last week. It was silly because all I had left were the bows on top off the ribbons, but either way I quickly finished them & hung them up! They are mod-podged with tissue paper in the same style as the pictures I made, and the primary colors tie in GREAT with the rest of her room!


In the left corner of the room are the amazing pictures my friend made depicting The Hungry Caterpillar story as well as my glider. Simple but great. 


This side of the room has been done for awhile, but I still love it just as much! The changing table is done in lime green with white polka dots with baskets underneath that ended up matching perfectly. Next to the changing table are "his" and "hers" diaper bags. One of the only requests David had was to have a less girly diaper bag so I originally purchased the black one. When my mom came into town last week we went shopping and happened upon an amazing floral Vera Bradley one. My mom decided to treat me to one that was more my style, and I really do love it!



Lastly, a close up of the bookshelves. I've been collecting the stories from random places- a few from children's consignment stores, some as gifts, and others ordered directly from Scholastic. I cannot wait to be able to utilize all of these books! I loved reading so I really hope to instill that same love in our daughter. :)


So aside from the dr's appointment tomorrow morning, my plan for these last few weeks is to hustle through these lesson plans, get my classroom in a workable condition for the new school year, and try to relax and take it easy before Elise joins us! Any news from the doctor i'll be sure to add it here asap!







2 comments:

  1. You forgot that wet carpet smells make you nauseous. :-) Beautiful baby room it's not disgustingly girly! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete