So much to do & only 7 weeks to do them in- AH!
If you weren't aware, I'm a list making kind of person. I try to keep that slight obsession in check or at least hidden, but for once I'm going to publicize my list as a sort-of checklist to hold myself accountable to on my next post! I think this will help curtail any excessive lounging so that when I am about to pop I won't have anything to worry about, except maybe getting a pedicure and/or massage. :)
Things to Do/Have Done by 36 weeks:
- Old Furniture in soon-to-be nursery out of room or sold!
- desk
- bed/frame
- Re-arrange the kitchen cabinets to make room for baby bottles, baby food, and all other kitchen accessories we will soon be acquiring!
-Re-arrange guest/baby bathroom & linen closet to make room for Baby Girl's stuff.
- Have nursery setup... This may not exactly come to fruition by 36 weeks, but I'm hoping i'll know what furniture and items we'll need to acquire at this point & that it will only be small things left!
- Decorations up in nursery! I'm very excited to have a lot of unique things to put up in the nursery....and I CAN'T WAIT to be able to post pictures when it's all finally decorated & put together. Ahhh!
- On that note, finish making the decorations! I have shelves to hang & possibly embellish as well as some wooden letters to beautify in some way. Baby Girl's bedding is being ordered from an awesome Etsy seller so once I get that I'll be able to determine if I need any extra pillows, a mobile or other things like that.
![]() |
| The bedding will look similar to this. :) |
- Take my labor & delivery class @ Martin Memorial- scheduled for July 21 so we'll be cutting it close with this one!
- Get a baby-friendly car! This has been in the back in the back of my and David's minds for the past few months, but we were more worried about housing previously to really worry about my car. Now that David has a new & reliable vehicle and our housing situation is secure, we need to trade-in my little 2-door whip for something larger &, most importantly, with MORE DOORS! I know we'll manage if my car isn't sold when Baby Girl arrives, but it will be easier on all of us if it's already taken care of.
- Exercise at least twice a week with either yoga, swimming of some sort, walking....Anything that will keep me and baby active and some of the pregnancy aches/pains at bay as long as possible.
-Have enough money saved/set aside that we'll be able to squeeze through these couple of months w/out my income while still providing comfortably for ourselves & Baby Girl.
On a slightly different note...What the heck am I going to do about school in a few months? Obviously, I'll be on maternity leave, but I'm still anxious about my future students' well being while I'm out on leave. *sigh* That's a completely different post & something I also need to tackle here while I still have plenty of energy to put towards it! Soon enough I know I'll be all consumed with Baby Girl!
My plan is to somehow get ALL of this done & relax before the big arrival of our little one. Between family trips, a baby shower, and some much needed R & R courtesy of my mommy I don't know that I'll be bored this summer....probably not at all!
Time to get going! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer as well!


No comments:
Post a Comment