David & I have been using this past week to get in some "baby-free" time before the little one arrives!
First, a trip to the infamous lakehouse on Lake Placid...aka middle-of-nowhere Florida.
It was a relaxing trip during which everyone kicked back in the sun with some drinks & good food.
Here, again, I found my limitations as a pregnant lady. Staying out in the sun all day Saturday was not a good plan! On Sunday during our drive back I started to feel intense contractions, much worse than my usual Braxton Hicks. David and I both were worried, and I started timing them and praying she wasn't coming yet. Don't get me wrong- I'm ready for Elise to be here; however, my mom was on a delayed flight from Texas and I couldn't imagine delivering without her!
As we all panicked, the timing of the contractions was irregular so we withheld any decisions and decided to go the night and call the doctor in the morning if they continued.
Monday morning dawned and I was still having contractions, but they were back to their normal, dull pain. I called the doctor - just in case- and she said these were good pains and the intensity was probably due to dehydration/heat exhaustion from Saturday. In general, we wanted the contractions to continue, and they would only get more intense. Ouch.
I was scolded on all sides for pushing myself physically and told to take it easy & put my feet up.
I did try to take it easy Monday and so when David wanted to catch the Braves vs. Marlins game in Miami Tuesday night I felt up to making the drive down.
We trekked down with our friends Shea & Kelli and sat in front row, aisle seats in the outfield. To my relief, the bathrooms were a short walk up the stairs, phew! The stadium was gorgeous though situated in a sketchy looking section of Miami. That's one thing I really don't understand about that city, but what can you do. The game started at 7:10pm and we didn't make it home 'til after midnight, but the Braves won so mine was a happy household. Aside from the mandatory bathroom stops on the drive up/down, there weren't any complaints from our group!
Yesterday was spent "nesting" and cleaning the house. I really do have a hard time just sitting. I just have to keep telling myself my sleep and leisure activity will soon be depleted so I should enjoy it! That evening David & I had a date night & enjoyed dinner out. We grabbed some candy & a Redbox to complete the evening at home. It's the little things like that- sitting at home on the couch- that are really satisfying.
![]() |
| Aside from the puking, this has potential to be more enjoyable than the nesting...I'm debating it! |
Finally, TODAY was our 38 week appointment!!
I spent the morning in my classroom trying, still trying, to get my lessons in order for the sub. I've been talking about it for weeks but can't seem to really get down to things & lay out a set plan. I made a good dent today though so I think with another day or two like that I'll finally knock it out! I've had SO MANY people volunteer to help me get ready for school, and I couldn't do it without them. Even next week my dad and brother will be visiting to help arrange my classroom & move things for me!
As for the doctor's appointment, it was a standard check-up. All of our stats are good, and the nurse confirmed that our little one has definitely "dropped". I knew that already though- she's heavy!! Next week they'll begin checking to see if anything is changing in terms of going into labor... Part of me hopes she comes before then, but that is definitely wishful thinking!!
Hopefully this is next week minus the choking & epidural! ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment