Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Vacation

School is officially done! 
This past week was a bit of a joke. Honestly, why do we continue to have classes after final exams? It's one of those things that teachers and students alike are dumbfounded by. The last three days basically served as a time for students to scramble to makeup assignments or exams, teachers to pack up their rooms, and everyone to remanence about the year.
 However, before we left, my ESE teacher counterpart was super sweet and decided to throw me a mini-shower with my students. This year we've been collaborating- her ESE self-contained kids have worked with my creative writing students at least once a quarter if not more. They've all really enjoyed the experience and so we planned one last end-of-the-year party for them so celebrate. Little did I know this was also a celebration for me! The kids and teachers were sweet enough to get me presents, balloons, a card, and these delicious looking dishes....



Aren't they great!? Now though with the kids gone, it's time for me to focus on nesting!

This very real phenomenon of nesting has me glaring at closets, cabinets, and any nook and cranny to re-organize and baby-proof them in time for Baby Girl to get here. Luckily, I now have the time and (surprisingly) energy necessary to spring summer clean our house! My dad is coming into to town Tuesday to help jump start the process and help me move things around with his truck. Bring on the cleaning supplies, organization bins, and crafts!

Speaking of crafts, this weekend I broke out a canvas that's been sitting in my craft box to make a picture for the nursery. I knew I wanted to stick with the Eric Carle theme, but I have plenty of caterpillar stuff to put up. So, instead of the caterpillar, I decided the sun from The Very Hungry Caterpillar would be a good subject.

I did the collage of the sun, and it turned out like this....


I thought it needed something more so I added the text from the first page of the story and the tiny caterpillar in the corner.

My paint was being difficult as I wrote the text so I'm not as satisfied with it as I was with the sun, but overall I like it. I also love that my nursery decorations so far are all handmade! 


Did I mention that my little brother graduated high school last weekend?! I don't know how that little fact slipped my mind! I'm so proud of my little brother... He is such a grown up! Crazy!!
Joel with mom & dad
The whole family was there to see Joel graduate!
Me, the graduate Joel, and Andraya
Onto the...

 Belly Update!
I feel like my stomach has REALLY popped now, right?
How far along: 31 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain: 20 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yep.
Sleep: Back to the nightly bathroom trips, fun!
Best moment this week: This week just started, but I'm excited to nest!! We also have an ultrasound on Thursday; can't wait to see how she's grown!
Miss anything: Weather that wasn't as sweltering.
Movement: Crazy rolls, flips, and kicks! She's a cheerleader already!
Food cravings: Sweets....I'm finally guilty of the typical cravings- ice cream and cookies...I can't get enough!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada
Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: Some lovely braxton hicks but that's about it.
Symptoms: Back aches...swollen ankles, wah.
Belly Button In or Out: And it's gone.
Happy or Moody: Happy!
Looking forward to: Nesting, crafts, summer break, family vacation, ultrasound this week...SO many things!

Lastly, here's the surprise I received in the mail from my long-lost best friend on the other side of the country! She won't be able to make it to this coast for my shower so she sent some love and goodies here instead. I can't wait 'til she moves back to this coast from CA!!



These things are PERFECT when you're expecting! There's a little bit of cutesy with the dress, but I was honestly super excited for the practical items: baby bottles, burp clothes, pacifiers- YES! Ashlea you're the best!!

On that note I'm off but, I will be sure to add my ultrasound pictures as soon as I get those on Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment