Whenever I find myself on a long drive or even driving by myself in melancholy weather, I innately start to ponder life.
This introspective wondering often leads to little or no solution, but I come out feeling like I've acknowledged my foes and whether I conquer them now or later they will be conquered.
For those of you who live in Florida, you are well aware of the tornadoes and crazy weather these past few days have given us!
Here in a nutshell are some things that the weather brought to my mind:
•My dad. As a product of a mostly single-parent household his MIA status is made keenly aware during holidays and special occasions.
•Location, location, location!
Where to live? This college town was fun during school, but I feel I've outgrown it. Ready to move on, I dream of teaching abroad... BUT with a serious boyfriend that I foresee being an important part of my future, I need to consider where he wants to live. With an engineering degree, it will be much harder for him to find a job than me. :/
• (Insert Any Large Life Question Here)
I think, in general, I engage in long-winded talks with myself about anything and everything. Being a 20-something, I'm done with the college style of living that was more worried about friends, my social life, and getting through classes. Instead, I feel drawn to taking up cute hobbies (I've been eyeing a knitting book at Michaels), figuring out what the best method to actually get myself to exercise is (yoga, running & biking are holding my attention), and really trying to focus on things that are important to my future.
On that note, I say farewell to melancholy weather and this rather dreary first post in hopes that this beautiful sunny weather continues so that another post of this caliber is far, far away. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment