Friday, April 22, 2011

Baby Time!

No- not for me, for everyone else it seems!

For the past 4-5 months, I've been volunteering in my church's nursery with the 2 & 2 1/2 year olds. I know they say "terrible twos", but I have yet to really experience this! Maybe it's the environment of the church that prompts the angelic behavior, but I truly enjoy working with the little ones.

I find that working with the babies as opposed to my daily task of middle schoolers stands in stark contrast and is a nice change. The worries of social controversy, appearance, and athletic ability are foregone and instead we ponder potty training, play-dough, and snack time.

From these little bundle of joys and a recently impregnated friend, I have really started to think about when I want to have some of my own! I know, I know- I'm skipping quite a few steps here including a wedding and career.

I know it will all come- and in due time! For now, I will relish working with others' little ones and spoiling the new addition to my friends' families. :)


In honor of these cute little ones, I wanted to share some funny family photos I found of myself & siblings when we were little things. Oh how the years have flown!


Playing with boxes from my parents' restaurant, Smittys. The funniest things amuse kids! I think with my own I'll just gift wrap empty boxes. They'll like that, right?

While in this stroller I would continuously run over our poor pup, Spanky. He was a good sport though & let me drool all over him as a toddler. I think I look a little crazy, haha.

This is my little brother, Joel, on his first day of kindergarten!! Isn't he adorable?!


An old Easter picture with my sister Andraya (left). My mom made these dresses for us, staying up all night to finish. Needless to say I wasn't in the mood to pose for a picture, but I laugh at my expression which still works its way into my repertoire!


PS- Here's a cute blog link to making Christian Easter eggs with little ones. I was researching for my middle schoolers, but this is definitely more toddler/elementary appropriate....Resurrection Eggs DIY




1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, well try working with the same children everyday for a year! The terrible two's are real, but only last about a month. You get through it, but I loved the challenge : ) Plus I didn't help, I laughed most of the time.

    ReplyDelete