Spring Break is here (and gone tomorrow, literally) and with it comes the ability to refresh & visit with loved ones.
Trip to Land O Lakes
I was able to really catch up with a lot of great people while I was back home.
My first night in town my entire family plus my dad's side (my nana, aunt & uncle) met to have a lavish dinner at my nana's house. It was such a great time of laughter, fellowship, & so much food we could barely finish half of it!
| Say hi mom! |
| See how full my plate is? I couldn't finish it all...and then dessert came. |
| Two homemade ice creams, a pound cake, and a strawberry pie. Are we spoiled or what? |
I bought four hardcover children's books for $10! Aren't these awesome?!
| Clothes from Little Lambs |
| All for $10! |
We all tried something different- Kristin had chicken with homemade dumblings, Courtney had pork chops with a side of homemade spam, and I had fish with a salad/potato mix. They were all SO incredibly unique, locally grown and relatively afforable! I will definitely be visiting this restaurant again when I'm in town, maybe sitting at the rooftop bar next time?!
| my food |
After returning from my trip, I was able to relax in Port St Lucie for about 1 1/2 days before embarking to Orlando. It was nice to rejuvenate, sleep in my own bed, and play with the kitties before I left.
David was also thankful; he had to ride his bike all over town while I was gone or catch a ride. He left on Friday to pick up his new car, but I know those few days without his own were painful.
Trip to Orlando
On Friday morning at 7:00am, David and I embarked on our journey to Orlando and his journey to pick up his new car!! After a perfectly easy drive to the Sanford airport, I meandered over to College Park to drop my stuff off at Kierstan's house & camp out at a local Starbucks to grade papers.
It was a LONG day of grading, and I only got through half of my classes. How I pity and empathize with my former teachers now! Grading papers, especially lengthy essays, sucks to put it plainly.
After camping out on Kierstan's couch in a fetal position trying not to use any more brain power, Kierstan and I ate at Dandelion Communitea and picked up art supplies for a crafting extravaganza!
Dandelion is an amazing, amazing vegan restaurant and tea shoppe in downtown Orlando. I stuck with my favorite standby, the Bean There, Done That wrap. This wrap, although meatless, is ridiculously filling and yummy. After eating half of the wrap plus some homemade hummus, Kierstan and I went to buy supplies!
We went to a cute little local art store called Sam Flax for the canvases (which are apparently always on sale) and then to Hobby Lobby to buy paints and anything else we could think of.
I've been debating between these two nursery themes: Eric Carle & Dr Seuss
However, after deciding to make art for my little nugget's nursery, I knew Eric Carle was the way to go. Luckily (and amazingly) Kierstan had just watched a video on how Eric Carle makes his artwork! Watch this video, Illustrating the Very Hungry Caterpiller, to see for yourself!
I started here....
I painstakingly followed this method to get here by the end of the night....
And finally here the next morning!
I absolutely LOVE the finished picture. I'm thinking about making another similar one of Eric Carle's butterfly.
The girls- Kierstan, Abby, & Jaide- were all also equally focused and came up with some awesome pictures of their own! Craft night will definitely happen again in the near future!
Finally, Kierstan and I spent Saturday at Sea World with some free teacher passes!
The day was overcast but still nice and warm. Thankfully, it never rained while we were there though the clouds sure looked threatening!
I definitely noticed some personal differences in the theme park experience while pregnant. Poor Kierstan had to be super patient as I used the bathroom frequently...probably 5-6 times while we were there? I wish I could help it; I know it will only get worse! Oh boy.
We watched the Seamore & Clyde show, ate at the Sharks restaurant right next to the tanks, and generally walked around enjoying the animals. It was great being able to pop into Sea World for a few hours, see only what we wanted to, and head home feeling tired but not dead.
| This was under the bar where we were eating- so cool! |
18 Weeks Update
![]() |
| I think I kinda look like I just ate too much. haha |
How far along? 18 weeks 3 days( 2 weeks 'til 5 months!)
Total weight gain: 2 lbs... I lost about 5lbs during my first trimester so I'm just barely over my normal weight at this point!Maternity clothes? I have some cute shirts and one pair of pants, but I'm going with the rubber band around my normal pants for regular work clothes still... Everything is definitely tight though!!
Stretch marks? nada
Sleep: I sleep great, but I have the WEIRDEST dreams & they're super vivid.
Best moment this week: On Friday we find out whether it's a boy or a girl!! I'm so excited for it!!!!
Miss Anything? Beer & Wine & Being able to exercise as hard as I did before.
Movement: I think I felt one little flip yesterday, but that has been the first I've felt anything so far. We will see!
Food cravings: Still lots of salads & veggies. I love ice cream after dinner. I've had more food aversions than cravings I think.
Anything making you queasy or sick: spicy/greasy food hasn't been sitting well with me.
Gender: ????
Labor Signs: Oh jeez, hopefully not for awhile!
Symptoms: fatigue & I'm super hungry a lot. I've gotten out of breath from exercise easily too.
Belly Button in or out? Starting to poke out in this freakish and disconcerting way. Ah!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Friday's ultrasound & a St Patty's 5k Saturday morning!!






No comments:
Post a Comment