I am so excited to finally be able to say I am the future Mrs. David Carroll! :)
The proposal....
All afternoon David had been texting and calling me, trying to find out when I would be home from work. We normally talk in the afternoon when I'm leaving work, but on this occasion he was especially persistent in finding out when I would be home.
I thought there might be a small possibility that he would propose soon, but I wasn't counting on anything or even thinking it would be so soon!
As I pulled in, the screen door to the front was open which was unusual.
I walked in from work to find this path....
and two dozen roses waiting on the table...
I couldn't even think, and my mouth dropped. David said I took so long to make it outside he thought he might have to come in and get me. I honestly just stared around for a minute as I set my bags down.
I followed the path outside... with my keys still in hand and work clothes on...
To another two dozen roses....
and a path leading up to a park bench overlooking the pond behind our house....
When he got down on one knee and asked for my hand, I still had my car keys in hand!
Three years ago, David asked me to be his girlfriend on a park bench in Orlando overlooking a pond. Yesterday, he asked me to marry him in the same manner.
I said a tearful yes as he put this beautiful ring on my finger.
It was the most meaningful and romantic way I could have thought of being proposed to.
Yay to planning a wedding!!! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment