I didn't even get to finish that (extensive) Tampa recap before multiple other events hit me such as: Anna's Baby Shower, my first hot yoga class in Stuart, St. Augustine for some family time, and finally pre-planning at school this week.
On a side note, check out that diaper wreathe on the gift table in the background. Through a few online tutorials I was able to take note of how others created their wreathes & tweak it. It had diapers, pacifiers, a bib, a onesie, and a Mother Goose storybook.
The view early morning from the front porch. It was so peaceful and calm! We posted up right past that wooden walkway with umbrellas, snacks, & games. My cousin caught a baby shark the first night, and we even saw dolphins playing out in the water!
On that note, School starts next Monday!! There have been a lot of changes & things that an internship cannot prepare you for as part of this job. More about all that later!
![]() |
| Source |
I really will try to do justice to all the things I want to write about, but for now a summary to catch everyone up will have to suffice!
Let's start with Tampa Recap Part II.....
A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Here is my photo recap. Enjoy!
Brenda's 50th Birthday- Spa, Channelside & Howl @ The Moon
A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Here is my photo recap. Enjoy!
Brenda's 50th Birthday- Spa, Channelside & Howl @ The Moon
Warped Tour & Other Outings with Kristin
Exercise- No pictures...Just know there was sweat involved. ;)
With this event, I really wish I had taken pictures of the actual kitchen & foods we prepared. However, I was so involved in getting it all together that I didn't take my camera out at all!
Anna's Baby Shower
My good friend Anna, as seen in my last post, is having a beautiful baby boy due in September. I was lucky enough to be able to drive over to Orlando to celebrate her bundle of joy. Did I mention Anna is absolutely beautiful pregnant? It's something about pregnancy that makes women just GLOW.
![]() |
| Anna & her hubby, Brad @ the shower |
Maybe I'll add a short tutorial? Only if others want to try it out though so let me know! :)
Bodhi Hot Yoga
Though a bit pricey compared to Orlando Power Yoga ($17 a class vs. $10), this studio was AMAZING. By the looks of it, the studio is pretty new; they still had a paper sign in the window announcing they were open as well as their hours.
Although I had to wait outside the door before the class, I was still about 10 minutes early to their 6:00pm class. The waiting, I found out, was because the later classes utilizes only one staff member in the studio, and they are obviously teaching the class. Therefore, they lock the doors during class to keep patrons' stuff & their own merchandise safe.
The class was 1 1/2 hours in length. I was worried that it would be too intense compared to the typical 60 minute classes I'm used to, but the pace was slow & produced a great intense burn. The instructor focused on core strength, and I literally felt my sore muscles immediately after the class. I would have signed up on the spot for classes if not for the cost & distance from my house.
For now, I will have to be content with infrequently attending classes at this amazing studio.
St. Augustine Trip
Last weekend before the whirlwind of pre-planning started, I made the trek up the coast to St. Augustine. My Uncle Jeff rented a gorgeous beachfront house and invited my dad, nana, aunts, uncles, & cousins all to stay. With enough sleeping room for 12, we bombarded the house on Saturday afternoon & setup house.
We were a bit obsessed with cheetos this weekend as evidenced by my Aunt Bonnie's cheesy hands. It's not FB Aunt Bonnie, just the blog! ;)
My little cousin Nathaniel was my helper & buddy this weekend. We colored, played games on the beach, and watched movies curled up on the couch.
My family loves to pull pranks. When I spoke with my dad before the trip, he told me of this entire bag of things he had planned to use on everyone. Oh boy. There were fart machines, talking toilet paper dispensers, noise makers, squirt guns, and shocking pens. The picture above is just after my cousin Justin was doused with water while peacefully sleeping on the hammock underneath the house. His dad, my Uncle Jeff, and Justin hugged it out afterwards, no hard feelings.
Backtracking a bit, I visited the oldest wooden schoolhouse in downtown St. Augustine!! I arrived in town earlier than everyone else Saturday and spent the afternoon amusing myself & getting inspired looking at the teaching conditions of old.
This is the view of the back of the house, facing the river, from the wraparound porch. My cousin & uncle spent lots of time fishing from that dock & the beach.
Nathaniel walking out to our private beach from the walkway by the house.
The view early morning from the front porch. It was so peaceful and calm! We posted up right past that wooden walkway with umbrellas, snacks, & games. My cousin caught a baby shark the first night, and we even saw dolphins playing out in the water!
And the best for last... That little nugget on the left is my cousin Micah with my very tan dad, Darrell. Micah is such a good sport, and he loves to play pranks. Must run in the family! Part of the running list of jokes this weekend involved speedos. They talked about wearing them this weekend, so this was the infamous fashion show.
Anyone else see Dash & Mr. Incredible from the Incredibles?
Sorry dad, I know you won't mind the attention!
It is now past my bedtime!
My next post will definitely involved LOTS of school related experiences; hopefully I'll be able to post about pre-planning before school begins!
Also, some recipes are overdue! I've tried out quite a few awesome ones that I really want to post about. Soon enough!












No comments:
Post a Comment