Monday, July 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Wow it's weird to be living somewhere new....
& I just realized I haven't shown off the new house since we moved in!

David & I are finally nice and settled into our cozy place. Apparently, living in PSL makes us "Pizzle Rats" according to our friends in the area, but I could care less. With a cheap place to live 10 minutes from the beaches in a gated community nonetheless I'll settle for being considered a "rat"...for now. :)

Here, in pictures, is our place before & after.

Before:


The living room & dining room


Our porch

Another angle of the living/dining room...kitchen kind of in view!

Oh how I'm glad this is over!

Guest room/office

Our room

Pond in the back



After:

Still a little plain, but CLEAN.

Don't mind the random beer!



 & Pay no attention to my dirty dishes.... ;)

That cute little table was a steal for $45. Thanks mom!


Spare room/office

Master bedroom





Right now our house feels like a hodgepodge of things. Most of the furniture is mine, and it seems I had a bit of a thing for black furniture in college. However, now I would really like to lighten up at least the main living areas. The bedroom furniture is only a few years old and won't be changing for quite awhile!

David & I are going for- what else- a beach theme. I've always considered it pretty corny, but I think in the right doses (cute local art vs. terrible hotel style paintings) it will work out.

I also would really like to try to make some of this stuff. We're collecting shells on our bookshelf that we add to every time we go to the beach, but I would like to create something out of or inspired by the local terrain.  Any ideas for cute & fun beach crafts??


Speaking of art, I am SUPER excited for this Wednesday. It's my mom's (& her twin's) 50th birthday!!! To celebrate we're getting all her girlfriends together to paint & drink wine. I have heard amazing things about Painting With A Twist so I can't wait to try them out. Afterwards, we're going out to Cheesecake Factory for some dinner & dessert.

Stay tuned for a full post on my Land O Lakes trip...should be interesting spending 10 days back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment