Sunday, February 12, 2012

Two pink lines

Yes, it's true.
David and I are going to be parents in a mere 6 months.

At 14 weeks pregnant I can say it's beginning to really sink in.
The morning sickness is gone replaced by fatigue. I'm beginning to notice my bump showing, and my hormones are acting crazy.

For my random readers, if you pondered my absence from blogging (not that it's often enough on a normal basis) it was partially due to this big news that we were keeping to ourselves.

Now I feel confident that I can finish out this school year on a high note and start to make the plans necessary to care for our future addition.

I will now address the FAQ that I've gotten regarding the pregnancy:

1. Do you plan on getting married? When?
Yes we plan on getting married; however, we are following the same timeline as before we found out about the pregnancy. Meaning that we will be engaged before the baby is born, but there will be no rushed wedding with a very pregnant bride thank you very much.

2. When do you find out if it's a boy or a girl? Do you want to know?
We find out in mid-march and are very excited to know. David is pulling for a boy, and I will be happy either way.

3. What are your plans for teaching next year? Coaching?
I will be telling my school next week and will know more from there! Ideally I will take two months off and david will work later hours to allow us to spend less on childcare. Coaching is really up in the air unfortunately...

4. When are you due?
August 9th!

5. Have you thought of any names?
I will say this is a loaded question. While I don't mind sharing what we like, I don't appreciate people's opinions about what THEY like for my child. What gets me even more are unsolicited options for us to "consider". I understand it is completely well meaning; however, just because you think "Riva" is a great girl's name does not mean we will. As a couple we have perused many names, and the options we've come up with are names we really like.

Boy- Payton, William, Benjamin, Jackson
Girl- Zoey, Bailey

6. How does David feel about it?
This question makes me feel like people are expecting him to be upset about the whole thing or imply some underlying issue of longevity in our relationship. Yes, he was freaked out at first wondering whether we could afford it and how it would change our lives, but David has really been a great supporter and I know will make a great daddy.


I think this post has enough shocking information for one entry so I will try to post something more satirical regarding my lovely high schoolers next time. As we approach the end of a school year, I'm sure my seniors will oblige with amusing things to document.


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment